[PSS 2017] Copy Encoded Command

Post feature requests, product enhancement ideas, and other product-specific suggestions here. Do not post bug reports.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.
This topic is 6 years and 9 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
Bosparan

[PSS 2017] Copy Encoded Command

Post by Bosparan »

Hi,

one of the things I occasionally have to do is encode a command for use with powershell.exe's -EncodedCommand parameter (especially when setting up a task).
I've worked around that by creating a function "Encode-Command" to make that faster. However ... it would be even more convenient if I could just mark a piece of code > right click > "Copy Encoded Command" and have it ready in the clipboard.

Shouldn't be hard to implement technically, on the other hand, the menu is already fairly bloated ...
Maybe instead create an option "Copy ..." that expands into a second menu with various specialty copy options (such as the already existing Copy html)

Cheers,
Fred
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Re: [PSS 2017] Copy Encoded Command

Post by davidc »

We have discussed including a Base64 encoding option in PowerShell Studio before. Here is another reason users might use the feature. I will bring this up with the team.

Thank you for the feedback.
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 6 years and 9 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.