[PSS 2017] New project item type: View

Post feature requests, product enhancement ideas, and other product-specific suggestions here. Do not post bug reports.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.
This topic is 6 years and 5 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
Bosparan

[PSS 2017] New project item type: View

Post by Bosparan »

Hi,

when using PSS during presentations, there's often one feature I'd love to have: Views.

Basically, my presentations are usually designed in phases: Explain some things using PowerShell, then do examples and hands-on stuff using several files in a PSS project. Then explain the next thing and so on
It would be nice if I could prepare such a set of files within a project as a "view" that replaces the currently open tabs with a single doubleclick and shows the prepared files as opened tabs.
It would also allow grouping files for editing, in cases where you have several trouble-sets you need to switch between, without ever having to change the actual file structure.

I could see that both as standalone files as well as part of projects - basically a new document type you'd create like any other .ps1 or .pfs file. Behind the scenes it would be an XML file listing the files to open and the order in which to open them.

Cheers,
Fred
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Re: [PSS 2017] New project item type: View

Post by davidc »

David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 6 years and 5 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.