Copy null overwrites clipboard

Post feature requests, product enhancement ideas, and other product-specific suggestions here. Do not post bug reports.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.
This topic is 6 years and 11 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
kh4857

Copy null overwrites clipboard

Post by kh4857 »

Product, version and build:PrimalScript Version 7.3.101
(*** Please do not write "latest" as a version, specify a version number ***)
32 or 64 bit version of product:64
Operating system:Windows 8.1
32 or 64 bit OS:64

Posted to PowerShell Studio forum also: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=11395

Request to not allow ctrl+c to copy null to clipboard.

I use ctrl+c/ctrl+v extensively to copy and paste or ctrl+x/ctrl+v to move code within and between scripts. Sometimes I accidentally hit ctrl+c when I am trying to paste (since it is right next to v). When I do this, the clipboard is replaced with nothing and I must then go recopy the code or if I had cut it, I must then ctrl+z to replace it where it was and then re-cut it. I know I should just be more careful and usually I am, and it is not a big deal on a small copy a few lines apart but can be problematic when in a large script copying text thousands of lines away from eachother and having to go back and find the right text all over again. I have been aggravated by this for years in both PSStudio and PrimalScript and after happening yet again I decided to see if it was something you could change or add as an option. Other text modifying software products like notepad, notepad++ and Word do not allow a copy of nothing to overwrite something in the clipboard.

Thanks for the consideration of this request.
DevinL

Re: Copy null overwrites clipboard

Post by DevinL »

[TOPIC MOVED TO WISHLIST AND FEATURE REQUESTS FORUM BY MODERATOR]
DevinL
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
DevinL

Re: Copy null overwrites clipboard

Post by DevinL »

Since this is a feature request as opposed to a bug or issue, I've moved the topic to the Wishlist and Feature Requests forum and I've closed the PowerShell Studio thread.

I've also filed an internal feature request and when we have some more information regarding this, we'll be sure to post it here.
DevinL
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 6 years and 11 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.