Access Poweshell Studio Settings as an object

Post feature requests, product enhancement ideas, and other product-specific suggestions here. Do not post bug reports.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.
This topic is 7 years and 1 month old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
owinsloe
Been upvoted: 1 time

Access Poweshell Studio Settings as an object

Post by owinsloe »

According to viewtopic.php?t=7371 (DavidC) there are two means to access the productioversion programmatically; via [System.Windows.Forms.Application]::ProductVersion (when packaged) or via a script variable.

I use a script variable but when using forms this means I have three locations to change the variable and can often result in one being overlooked and therefore being incorrect.

In forms I set $script:Version, add the same value into the main title bar and of course set the file and production version under the Settings tab of Powershell Studio.

In command line packaged scripts I set $script:Version and the product and file version within settings.

It would be most desirable if I could set the product and file versions within settings and access this object property internally.....say $Settings.VersionInformation.ProductVersion

In addition it would be nice if I could access this property on the mainform title bar. The current soft standard I use for my title bars are as follows;

<comp icon> <product name> <product version> <copyright>
eg.
[? MyProduct v1.0.0.1 (c) My Company Name]
DevinL

Re: Access Poweshell Studio Settings as an object

Post by DevinL »

Thank you for the suggestion, I'll put this on our wishlist and when we have more information we'll post it here.
DevinL
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 7 years and 1 month old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.