Won't Stop Signing Scripts

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 6 years and 8 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
jstiles24

Won't Stop Signing Scripts

Post by jstiles24 »

Product, version and build: Version Recall 1.5.137
32 or 64 bit version of product: 64
Operating system: Windows 10
32 or 64 bit OS: 64

I configured Version Recall to re-sign scripts when updating the repository and now I can't get it to stop! I've cleared the signing fields (see attached image) but it still signs.
VR.jpg
VR.jpg (93.96 KiB) Viewed 15116 times
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Re: Won't Stop Signing Scripts

Post by Alexander Riedel »

Did you try to close the application and open it again?
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
jstiles24

Post by jstiles24 »

I closed the app and exited the systray process and signing remains.
Alexander Riedel

Ok, So I have to ask some question on this. Please bear with me.

The signatures obviously remain once a file was signed. Have you verified that newly submitted versions of a file get signed?
Because unchecking these options will not remove existing signatures.

Secondly, are you the only one submitting files there? If other users have these options set and enabled, then anything they submit will be signed.
Alexander Riedel
jstiles24

Post by jstiles24 »

I'm the only user as the repository is just my own network home drive. In PowerShell ISE, I'll go in and delete the signature block and save the script. Once Version Recall scans the folder, it puts the signature back in the script file and PowerShell ISE gives a message that the script has been modified externally and asks if I want to reload it. When I say yes, the signature is back.
Alexander Riedel

Can you please email the .recall file to support@sapien.com?
Alexander Riedel
This topic is 6 years and 8 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.