.exe created in studio only works on select computers

Ask questions about creating Graphical User Interfaces (GUI) in PowerShell and using WinForms controls.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 9 years and 8 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
Pbecker

.exe created in studio only works on select computers

Post by Pbecker »

I can only get my .exe to run on the computer which created it and select other ones. Even once a application has been built into an .exe is it necessary that the computer it is run on still has powershell studio? Right now the executable will only run on computers with powershell studio, I am not sure if it is because these other computers are lacking a library or something along those lines or if every compute that I want to run it needs powershell studio. Any ideas as to what my issue is?
jvierra
Answers: 30
Has voted: 4 times
Been upvoted: 33 times

Re: .exe created in studio only works on select computers

Post by jvierra »

You should post questions about how to use the product or product issues in the "Customer Service" forum. They will help you sort it.

Just in case you haven't realized. The EXE build must match platform architecture, PowerShell version, Net Framework versions and updates as well as all modules that are loaded in the script.

A quick test is to create a simple form with a textbox and button then build and distribute the EXE. If that fails then you have a mismatch. Try building for PowerShell V2 and 32 bit. If that doesn't work be sure PowerShell is installed and working correctly.
This topic is 9 years and 8 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.